Saturday, July 14, 2007

Guess what I don't want to do?

Go into work today. On a Saturday. And not just any Saturday--this has got to be about the most gorgeous day we've had all summer, so far. It's sunny, clear, and the perfect temperature, with no humidity. A perfect day for blogging and reading on the porch and then taking Josie for a long walk through the woods and then maybe going out with a friend to eat dinner on a patio somewhere. But no. I must go into work and sit in my office, far from any window, and spend the day e-mailing instructions to vendors and answering their questions on the phone, because they're all working today too. We have a major deadline coming up, and my life is not my own right now.

At least I have the luxury of going in basically whenever I want, although I really should go soon. The vendors have been working since 5 this morning already, or at least that's what they tell me. Which means I'll have about 600 e-mails waiting for me when I get in. (O.K., that's a slight exaggeration. . . . ) Which means I'd better go. More later.

No comments: