Monday, May 22, 2006

Hippie Baby Name

Well, Hippie Baby has arrived, and I finally met him last night. And learned his full name. And that name is:

Paulo Joaquin Sequoia Hawkeye S__________.

I couldn't make that up, people.

I can't remember exactly what Hippie Dad's last name is, but it's something very Anglo-generic sounding, not quite "Smith," but close. And both Hippie Parents are very Anglo themselves, in case you were wondering. One thing's for sure--in case you all thought I was exagerrating the neighbors' hippie status, that name should convince you that I was not. That, and the cloth diapers I spied hanging from a laundry line out back yesterday.

On the plus side, the kid is cute, and I haven't heard a peep out of him yet. Either he's not a crier, or the walls are thicker than I thought. I'll take either one.

1 comment:

Sven Golly said...

Really! Why can't people give their children real Amerikan names like Jason and Justin and Chad? Especially good anglo Amerikans who should know better. And haven't these people heard of new leak-proof Pampers? There are landfills in need of more disposable plastic junk, people!