Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My Life Is an Onion Article

O.K., if I had to pick a title for my life right now, it would be:

Yet Another Area Woman Can't Get Over How Much Her iPod Has Changed Her Life

Trite, but true. Well, that, along with the new computer--my life truly is transformed. For one thing I've discovered an affinity for multitasking at home. Earlier tonight, I was writing an e-mail, downloading music, eating, and watching Law & Order--all at the same time! It was awesome. The music thing is blowing my mind. It's slowly dawning on me that I have access to just about any music I want, at any time. I know I sound like Rip Van Winkle, but what can I say? It's all new to me.

Speaking of which, I'm finding the Mac extremely easy to use, although I do have a few questions that I can't find answers to in any of the provided materials. Without further ado . . .

Top 10 Questions for Apple

1. What if I don't want to log on to your website for the answer to my question?
2. What if I CAN'T log on to your website?
3. Could leg sweat harm my laptop? How?
4. I'm still having Internet connection problems. Could you kick WOW's ass for me?
5. I just figured out that I need to use the apple key instead of the control key for control-plus functions. Why didn't your salesperson tell me that? Seems it would be a pretty common issue.
6. Why do you charge $200 more for a black computer than a white computer, even if they're the exact same computer?
7. That's not a racist thing, is it?
8. Why do people continue to buy black computers?
9. Why don't you write a Freakonomics article about that topic?
10. Why don't I write a Freakonomics article about that topic?

See, I'm getting all kinds of inspiration from this new computer stuff . . .

(Legitimate question for burb: Why have I lost all my text formatting capability in Blogger?)

3 comments:

David said...

The Apple provided web browser (Safari) doesn't play nice with Blogger. You aren't able to do all the formatting things you are used to doing with Internet Explorer.

I suggest you download Mozilla Firefox. It works fine with Blogger and that is what I use when I am blogging at home.

Anonymous said...

Ooh! A computer thing that even I know about! Mozilla Firefox is the bomb. It helps me circumvent all the old Earthlink and McAfee crap that I CANNOT get off my computer--that even a certified computer tech cannot get off my computer. Mozilla Firefox is my new hero. Thank you, Mozilla Firefox!

Still, I can't get around the password issue. This is Lulu.

Anonymous said...

as for the music end and downloading,

if you really want to get to some random stuff, try one of the music blog aggregators. search whatever, then download the other three bands that are right around that one. i recommend elbo.ws:

http://elbo.ws/artist/Dr.+Dog/

my recommendation on individual's blogs would be happyclapmusic.com, they have a good monthly podcast highlighting their posts.

mfg