Thursday, February 22, 2007

Random Thoughts

Apropos of nothing:

1. I hate it when people I know do things to validate and perpetuate stereotypes. Jokes are often based on stereotypes, right? Here's one:
Question: What do you call it when two lesbians move in together?
Answer: Their second date.
I really do like your new girlfriend, sweetie--I just wish you'd take it a little slower.

2. Because I fell asleep wearing my contacts last night (again), I had to use eyedrops this morning. As I was standing there in the bathroom with most of the drops dripping down my face, as they do, I casually read the bottle of drops, which featured bullet points listing the beneficial attributes of said drops. One of the bullet points proclaimed the drops to be "Non-staining." WTF? Is this really necessary to point out? What kind of scary eyedrops are floating around out there? Be careful, people.

3. Lately, I'm putting an inordinate amount of energy into not texting a certain person. It's amazing how much of one's life can be caught up in not doing something. I've actually spent up to an entire hour just sitting on the couch, mentally debating the pros and cons of texting this person. I almost slipped last night, but I managed to turn the phone off and plug it into the charger in another room. It's day five.

No comments: