Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Figure It Out

A quick blog from the cubicle.

As most of you know, I'm extremely busy at work right now. I'm pushing up against a huge deadline, and I'm doing everything I can to make sure I don't have to cancel my Vegas trip coming up in a couple of weeks. I don't have a lot of time at work for anything besides work.

That's why something that just happened here, which would be annoying at any time, was particularly annoying today.

Let me set the scene first. The cubicle across from mine, usually occupied by Dr. Actually, is empty this afternoon. All the lights in the cube are off. The computer is off. The chair is pushed neatly under the desk. And, as a finishing touch, there is a note clearly displayed on the cube wall: "Working at home for the rest of the afternoon, 9/19."

Which is why it boggles the mind that some idiot from the second floor just knocked on the wall of my cube, completely interrupting me, to ask, "Excuse me, do you know if [Dr. Actually] is in today?"

Seriously, some days it's like God knows I don't believe in him, and so he creates exceptionally stupid people--off the chart stupid--and then sends them to torture me.

2 comments:

David said...

Wow! That is dense!

People from the second floor are stupid--except for the few that aren't and work hard.

But most of them . . . stupid!

Sven Golly said...

Yes, you ARE being tested, in this case by the God of Stupidity, one of many in the Pantheon of Pantheism, where there's a deity for every occasion. (I had the same thing happen yesterday, when someone asked me if Lady Bye from Byesville was in - with pink post-it on her cube saying "Working at home 9/20.)